I must admit that I do not know what to do with abundance of chilies ( cili padi) in the house. Neighbours have many too....can we dry them and make 'cili kering" ? I think many Malaysian aware of "cili kering" right?
Wow, what a bountiful harvest. Mine tend to be attacked by aphids, so I've given up on planting them.
If I travelled overseas where I'd stay for a period, then I will slice them up before drying for chilli flakes, otherwise, simply just freeze them to be use laater as desired.
My friend keeps them in the freezer which I don't do. Well, may be make a big portion of sambal with it then only keep in the fridge for later use. Enjoy the weekend!
Wow, I'm so green with envy! I eat chili padi practically everyday, at least two to four, sliced with some soy sauce and a squeeze of lime, eat that with my meals! Try pickle them, very nice eat with fried noodles!
Readership is the life blood of any Garden Blog! New aspiring Garden Bloggers need Readers especially! Can you help promote a possible solution for them?
Cili kering would be a good idea...
ReplyDeleteYou could dry them or freeze them to add to your meals for later.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
They do make decorative plants too don't they.
ReplyDeleteYou can sell them in the Sunday market.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a bountiful harvest. Mine tend to be attacked by aphids, so I've given up on planting them.
ReplyDeleteIf I travelled overseas where I'd stay for a period, then I will slice them up before drying for chilli flakes, otherwise, simply just freeze them to be use laater as desired.
My friend keeps them in the freezer which I don't do. Well, may be make a big portion of sambal with it then only keep in the fridge for later use. Enjoy the weekend!
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm so green with envy! I eat chili padi practically everyday, at least two to four, sliced with some soy sauce and a squeeze of lime, eat that with my meals! Try pickle them, very nice eat with fried noodles!
ReplyDeleteWorth a try, drying them for cili kering.... cili padi as cili kering must xxxxtremely hot!
ReplyDeleteApologies if this comment is inappropriate.
ReplyDeleteReadership is the life blood of any Garden Blog!
New aspiring Garden Bloggers need Readers especially!
Can you help promote a possible solution for them?
Blooming Blogs: http://www.bloomingblogs.com
I also make chili flakes or chili sauce. I like one with just oil and fried garlic and chili flakes. i like another with fresh chili and vinegar
ReplyDeleteLrong: That's what I can think off.... ;)
ReplyDeleteSunray: We need to blanch before freezing right?
Sue: What a creative idea! ;)
Rainfield: hahahhaa...
Stilleto: That's good idea! ;)
Stephanie: I seldom eat too spicy food but your idea is good! ;)
kitchen flavour: I wish you're my neighbour! I will give all to you! ;)
Bangchik & Kakdah: It will definitely be very hot!
Wendy: You're really good cook!