Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tomatoes again!

It's been quiet sometimes since I planted Tomatoes....may be I should tell "it's been quiet sometimes since I succeeded planting tomatoes...... The reason is that, on my last attempt, all my plants wilted and after some time they died.



Finally I planted some new ones. I let them, grow so long in small pots and transfer them last weekend! I hope they will grow bigger and provide me handful of tomatoes! I put my fingers crossed!


It seems like tomatoes can't be planted on the same place twice..... is this true or it's just my imagination? Every time I plant them at the same place, they seems to wilt!

Any expert out there to advice?



5 comments:

  1. I remember you previously had a good harvest of tomatoes. Hope it is the same this time too. I have also heard about crop rotation for better harvests. It seems the pathogens of a previous batch may remain in the soil and affect the plants, not only the same species but also from the same family e.g. tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant are from the same group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know that the soil can need rejuvenated after a crop so I'm assuming that is what you've heard. After harvesting for the year, maybe adding something into the soil.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. The very nutrient loved by tomato may had been used up by the earlier crop.... It would be nice to swap locations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kailan right? Beside your tomato's plant. Really caught my eyes..just look at the stems and the height.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn: Yes, I just wonder why it's not working out now....sigh...

    sunray: Mya be i should add more mulch... ;)

    Bangchik: That's what I try to do. Hope this this it works for me...

    suka suka: Tht's kailan! How sharp are you! ;0)

    ReplyDelete