Finally I manage to upload my photos again without any problem! Phew!!!! Thanks to "Mozilla Firefox" to solve my problem! ;)
I need garden blog friends to identify this plant for me. They grow in mass on my Garden floors! They are very invasive too! I have google and found the nearest name ......that it's called pennywort but I'm not sure if I'm correct.
Are they same as pegaga? I think Malaysian blogger knows about pegaga very well! Are those edible?
I need garden blog friends to identify this plant for me. They grow in mass on my Garden floors! They are very invasive too! I have google and found the nearest name ......that it's called pennywort but I'm not sure if I'm correct.
Are they same as pegaga? I think Malaysian blogger knows about pegaga very well! Are those edible?
yes that pegaga malar..:D
ReplyDeleteyes malar..that's pegaga..i think the rainy weather lately helps them grow rapidly in your garden..i wonder how they get into your garden without you planting the rhizome first...hurmmm
ReplyDeleteGlad you have sorted the images.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have things working for you again. I have lots of problems on my blog. My friend connect still doesn't work. My blog roll won't let me add anyone and takes some out too. Neither have worked right for a year now and they do nothing about it.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
Ahem...you know I don't eat raw veggies so no pegaga at my place...hehehe...
ReplyDeleteHi Malar, I think what you have is the ornamental Hydrocotyle verticillata - the leaves are round dicss. The one which is eaten as kerabu or salads are pegaga (Centella asiatica), which is kidney-shaped. Its also known as Indian pennywort. I've the ornamentals too.
ReplyDeletepegaga it is... soon your place will be covered with this plant.. can be eaten with sambal belacan also..
ReplyDeleteThis is how I ate it! In a salad! http://openkitchenconcept.blogspot.sg/2009/08/gotu-kola-by-any-other-name.html?m=1
ReplyDeletehitomi: it's edible? That's good! ;)
ReplyDeletewanie: I planted them in pot and soon they invade the garden ;)
Sue: Thank god!
Sunray:Really strange right? ;(
MKZ: hahahhaa....
Stiletto: Can I still eat?
Suka suka: Yummy!
OKC: LEt me go and check your website! ;)
The one that is touted as having health benefits is Centella asiatica, also known as Gotu Kola in Singhalese. Some studies have been done as cited by the American Cancer Society and others. As regards to Hydrocotyle verticillata, I'm not sure whether it is edible though many people said that both can be eaten. I strongly believe in evidence-based medicine and I'm a coward when it comes to putting things into my mouth ;) For me there are so many other alternatives.
Delete