I have 2 papaya trees in the garden. One turn out to be male papaya tree. It does not produce fruits. Only white flowers on elongated stem. There was another tree just closer to this tree. It was growing slowly as monkeys have eaten the young shot few times.
I keep the male tree. Luckily the second tree turn out to be fruiting tree! Currently it's producing some flowers. Hope it will produce few fruits!


After 2010, I never have luck with papaya.
ReplyDeletemalar, try blanching the male flower and dip it in sambal belacan for ulam with steaming rice and thick fish curry..yumss!!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos. Greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's so lovely! My papaya trees are still young enough. I love to cook male papaya flowers as spicy stir fried papaya flowers with anchovy.
ReplyDeleteThe leaves are an interesting shape.
ReplyDeleteLovely papaya trees.
ReplyDeleteHope the fruits turn out well, and that the monkeys will stay away too...
ReplyDeleteNormala: This is my first attempt
ReplyDeletewanie: The flowers are edible?
Linda: ;)
Endah: I just got to know that the flowers are edible! ;)
Sue: They look like snow drop but in green colour! ;)
rainfield: Hope it produce fruits for me!
Lrong: I hope so .....
The male one looks pretty with flowers all over :-)
ReplyDelete