Monday, July 26, 2010

Beans

Beans really need a good weather!

I planted this beans as trial a month ago! It grow up nicely with few beans! but once i harvested the beans,  the leaves started to dry off...... The plant is merely surviving now.....

It's not like long beans which keep blooming with more long beans! Or may be some pest are slowly killing it? Anyway i have planted few more seeds to see the outcome!


Anyone have planted green beans before?

7 comments:

  1. No I have not planted this bean before. But they look cute he he...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malar, I plant beans regularly. These are French beans which flower in one month. They give only one crop. You should discard them after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite bean!..hope to grow this one day in my backyard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Malar, I have not grown this french beans before, only the long beans. Yours look really nice. I should try growing this, only one month and there are beans to be harvested! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie
    p3Chandan
    Kitchen flavours

    This is my favorite beans! I just grow it out of curiosity! Now i should plant more for a plate full of french beans! ;-)

    Lotusleaf: Oh, Thanks for ur information! I was scratching my head on what went wrong! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trouble with creepers is they don't live very long. It's probably the case with this one. At least you managed to harvest some beans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ting: I think they are short lived creepers too!.

    ReplyDelete