Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My tomato Plants

After so much effort.... finally my tomato plants started flowering! however, many never end up as tomatos...... the blossoms rot and fell down..... after so much reading ( Thanks to bangchik to provide me the web link) and analyzing i manage to make my tomato set fruits! phew.......! i really have tough time with tomato!!!!!


Out of 4 plants, 1 wilted....i pull out and throw away last sunday....It has many flowers but all rot half way.........sigh....... but those in pic doesn't look good too rite...... i really have brown thumb with tomato i guess..... Anyway I will keep trying again. It's battle between Tomato and me!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Malar you are doing fine... four out of five... that's very good! Keep up the good work yeah... Well that's always some difficult case/plant. I am sure after awhile planting tomato would be just be easy for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie: 3 of of 4 actually... I hope the same too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Malar,
    Looks like we have the same luck with tomatoes. My plant is wilting away after only one tomato! I have to pull that out and start all over! I hope you have better luck with yours!
    (I'm from my little potted garden, I have problem signing in from there and keep appearing as kitchen flavours, my other blog, trying to work that out!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Malar,

    You have better luck than me. I can see a few tomatoes hanging on the vines of your plant. My tomato plant didn't even reach flowering stage. The mealy bugs attacked it and killed it within a short span of time.

    So don't give up. Hope your tomato plants will do well. Post us with the updates yah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have all good luck with tomato too. These tomato generally want good space, for the leaves and roots. With good fertilizer, well drained soil, and luck, nature will handle it. Some wilt, oh well..... Hope those tomato will grow bigger and ripen. ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitchen flavours
    J.C
    Bangchik

    Tomatos are really demanding plant i guess!

    J.C :
    Mealy bugs? it attacked my baby tomato plant too! it wilted so badly! i sprayed chilli decotion! I think we have to inspect everyday or we end up getting dissapointed!

    ReplyDelete