I have a tall curry leave tree..... It's so high that I have to climb my fence to take some leaves. I have chop them once but it seems to grow tall.
Do anyone knows how curry plant produce seedling? I don't know but I have few little seedling around this tree...... It's good news for me but I just wonder since I never see any seeds.....or may be I miss out the plant progress?
Do anyone knows how curry plant produce seedling? I don't know but I have few little seedling around this tree...... It's good news for me but I just wonder since I never see any seeds.....or may be I miss out the plant progress?
" SELAMAT HARI RAYA " to all muslim bloggers and " HAPPY HOLIDAY " to the rest! It's long holiday in Malaysia!
Hi Malar, envy your curry plant... they do have seeds as I have actually collected them and brought them back to Japan... I have not tried sowing them but I read that the germination rate is low... the seedlings could be from the seeds... by the way, I have dedicated a post to you entitled Flowers... 'Standing wave', borage、azalea, lilac, black-eyed susan, sumomo'... good day...
ReplyDeleteHello Malar! I really do enjoy your post and so i have tagged you! It is a fun way to know you better and share the love. Please visit http://meowwsmusings.blogspot.kr/2012/08/tagged.html for the rules and join the fun! Keep Blogging :)
ReplyDeleteFinally I am able to see your daun curry which is free of malware.
ReplyDeleteLrong: I read your post! Thanks! It's so lovely post!
ReplyDeleteMeow: Thanks! ;)
rainfield: ;)
Happy holiday! Love that curry plant. I have no answers to your quesitons, but it such a lush and lovely little tree.
ReplyDeletedear malar..
ReplyDeletefrom what I know, curry seedling grow from the roots of its parents. I'd tried to propagate curry plant from cuttings several times but never success. yes, there is curry tree produces seeds but only for large tree .. I saw once a big shady curry tree with a lot of flowers and seeds (orange colour seed) ... my curry plant is grown in container, have no seeds, but still produce seedling... you are most welcome to have a look at them in my blog...
Your curry leaf tree is a big and strong now! I grow mine in a pot and it has flower and produce fruits. The flowers are white while fruits turn from to red, then black. They look like berries. Fruits are edible but seeds are poisonous. You can propagate using the seeds or in your case, the plantlets (suckers) that appear at the base of the plant.
ReplyDelete