I planted Balsam for fun actually without knowing the medical benefit of the plant!
Balsam leaves can be used for ingrown nail treatment and nail infection. Usually ingrown nail and nail infection make the area swollen, red, and sometimes with discharge. Long time ago i read about this in Petunia blog. I never really bother to detail out until my son complain about his painful ingrown toe nail which make his toe swollen, red and painful.
Usually doctor will subscribe antibiotic if there are discharge but i made option B. I took few balsam leaves, mashed it and applied on his toe. Surprisingly the infection got better in 3 days. There are still little redness and swollen area but it's much better! The only side effect i found is the leaves colour your nail in Orange like "Inai"! Later i found out that some people do use this leaves for nail colouring besides "Inai leaf"!
Now i know what to do if my family get this nail problem!
Usually doctor will subscribe antibiotic if there are discharge but i made option B. I took few balsam leaves, mashed it and applied on his toe. Surprisingly the infection got better in 3 days. There are still little redness and swollen area but it's much better! The only side effect i found is the leaves colour your nail in Orange like "Inai"! Later i found out that some people do use this leaves for nail colouring besides "Inai leaf"!
Now i know what to do if my family get this nail problem!
| It's so tall that the rain make in fall to the ground |
I just love my Balsam plant more now!
Good old herb remedies. That is really great it work well for your son. Don't need to by the medicine just use fresh!
ReplyDeleteHey that's good to know. Thanks Malar for sharing. I hope your boy's toe will not swell anymore... it's painful! Oh also the inai part... have fun with them he he...
ReplyDeleteMalar, Thanks for sharing this valuable information. I used to have ingrown toe nail when I was much younger. I usually clip the nail away and it will recover on its own. But then there was no infection yet.
ReplyDeleteThat is so good to know this natural and FOC med from the garden. Thank you for sharing the info!
ReplyDeleteI never knew balsam plants has medicinal properties! When we were small, my sisters and I will rush to see who gets to pop the seeds first!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this. Will keep this in mind!
Hey, this is new information to me too.
ReplyDelete2 new info on balsam today:- medicinal value and use as inai (henna).Must start to grow balsam in my garden. Thanks Malar.
ReplyDeleteMKZ
ReplyDeleteStephanie
One
Milka
Kitchen Flavours
Autumn Belle
p2chandan
Thanks for dropping by! As you all, me too just found the medical benefit of Balsam!