Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Tree


I'm very poor in identifying the plants name or their origin. I call this plant Christmas Tree. We can see this tree along the road side. Huge and nice! At the moment it's growing in the pot.



close up look with kangkung


The sharp leaves


7 comments:

  1. Not sure whether its the right name - I guess its known as Juniper Pine Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malar, We call it the Christmas Tree too. Perhaps it's the 'Malaysianized' name. What do you call instant noodle? Maggi Mee? Many people refer to plastic containers as 'Tupperware'. Incorrect but understood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not good at plants name too. Are you going to have fun decorating it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One: You're so right!

    James: Thanks for your information

    MKZ: That's a good idea! May be i will decorate it for next year Deepavali!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shape also! I love how you place those stones around the tree. Oh yes the plant can grow tall and big. But still pretty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas Tree! The Chinese use the leaves as a symbol of something (I've forgotten!) during weddings, and the leaves are believed to bring relief to migraines. My plant died about a month ago after having it for many years! The stump is still at my backyard, my hubby refused to throw it, he's hoping that somehow new branches and leaves will grow! He likes this plant!

    ReplyDelete