Wednesday, November 10, 2010

KangKung

I planted my kangkung from seeds. It's a long process of growing or may be I'm not so patient enough to wait?

I think it's due to water requirement too. This plant is semi aquatic plant which need a lot of water for fast growing!

This weekend i have a lot of work in the garden including providing space for my Kangkung!










Something have been munching the leaves since i was away on festive holiday back to hometown!

  

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, looks like somebody also had a feast while you were celebrating elsewhere! But don't worry, you already has an established kangkung plant. From now onwards, you can cut it off and new shoots will grow back. Kangkung is an adaptable plant that can grow in submerged in water as well as in soil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kangkung looks great! I think the little muches will not matter, the plant looks very healty otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long did it take? May I know where you got your seeds? They look healthy to me. You'll get a lot of new leaves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have yummy looking kangkung! The holes on the leaves looks like the work of a grasshopper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn Belle
    Kitchen Flavours

    Yes! Grasshopper had a feast i guess!

    One: I forgot to tell you the brand the other day. "serbajadi" brand. I got it from shop. I saw this brand at many places!

    Fer: Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Malar, How long does it take to grow as big as yours? Mine still baby, popped up about 3 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kangkung looks great inspite of those 'holes' ;-) I hope you will be able to find space to grow more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have also grown some kangkung in my garden. Now I can always pluck some for ulam with sambal tumis. Its easy to grow, right?

    I also have some insects feasting on my kangkung. Don't know what attacked my kangkung.

    Hope you have a feast on your kangkung too.

    ReplyDelete