Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dracaena Marginata Tricolour

Dracaena Marginata Tricolour is also known as rainbow tree. This plant is popular ornamantal shrub believed to be originated from Japan. Dracaena is air filtering plant.


I have a pot of this plant. Look at the leaf. It's colourful! It look sharp but actually it's very soft and does not cause any injury.




5 comments:

  1. Hi Malar! I like this plant too! Love the colours. Mine is much much shorter ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime i see this plant i would stay it far away, scare to get injured by the sharp leaves- although you said it won't hurt but the phobia is there. Maybe that is the reason why people like to plant this in front of the gate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if I can grow it here if it can stand the cold and windy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often consider this one a challenging plant. Not that its difficult to plant - rather placing it in such a way that gives an attraction and give out that optimum visual beauty.

    Perhaps, they do look good with Song of India, Yucca and Bromeliads & Aloes.
    That might create a collection of spiky looking plants with different colours and tones.

    I guess they do well as indoor plants too. Have you tried putting any plants inside your home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leaves are pretty but they look pointed and sharp. Those that I see at the public gardens tend to grow tall and leggy. Like what James said, we need to put them among other plants to make them stand out and look good.

    ReplyDelete