I didn't really planted this tree! may be i ate the fruit and throw the avacado seed in the garden sometimes ago. Suprisingly the seed germinated and have grow up now!
From what i know Avacado is a big tree! I don't think it's suitable for my garden if it's too huge. Anyone have experience planting avacado? i don't have the heart to uproot the tree......Hmm..... let's see the progress!
Hi! I like your avocado tree. I grew one from a leftover seed. Today it is huge and at my dad's house in Hawaii. Here's a post about it
ReplyDeletehttp://tastytravels-holly.blogspot.com/2011/05/dads-avocado-tree.html
Good luck with your plant!
I tried to plant them which I brought back from my holidays in Jakarta, but none germinated! You should let it grow to see whether it will bear avocado fruits later. Maybe regular trimming will make it not too big and tall but bushy instead.
ReplyDeleteMy mom will be very jelous. She bought back some avocado seeds from here but none germinate. What a nice gift from the garden. We had a fig tree growing too during spring which the birds brought the seeds to our garden.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know they can grow here. Why not grow it in a huge flower pot to control the size?
ReplyDeleteFirst time seeing here. I only know Avocado grows in Sabah but didn't know it can grow in your garden! Wow, lucky you. Will you keep?
ReplyDeleteHolly: Thanks! I shall visit ur blog then!
ReplyDeletep3chandan
MKZ
Very funny indeed! I use to eat at the backyard and throw the seeds in the bushes arround but never thought the seeds will germinate! hahahha...
One
milka
I don't have any idea too.... May i shall keep it as of now....
I planted a apple tree a few weeks ago. The seed germinated inside an apple.
ReplyDeleteIt is still growing.
Malar, as I know, it is not easy to grow foreign Avocado trees in Malaysian soil. However, there are some cultivated especially to grow in our climate. Dr. Francis Ng has written about it in this blog. The links are as follows:
ReplyDeleteIn 2007 -http://tropicalhorticulture.blogspot.com/2007/05/avocados.html
This year -
http://tropicalhorticulture.blogspot.com/2011/04/avocados-for-kuala-lumpur.html