I do not know the exact name of this vegetables in Malay. I believe it's called Pucuk manis. The leaves have sweet taste. Usually i will saute the leaves garlic and shredded coconut. It taste just so good!
The propagation can be done by stem cutting so it's very easy to grow plant under the full sun!
I grow quite a few of this plant. It's so easy to grow and easy to cook. Have you seen the seeds? I posted about it sometime back. http://onenezz.blogspot.com/2009/11/sauropus-androgynus.html
ReplyDeleteAre the monkeys still bothering you?
Yeah, cekur manis, sayur manis, mani-cai - a plant with many names. Soon it will grow into a small tree. We also like to make soup with this vege. I like the one sold at Face-To-Face Noodle House.
ReplyDeleteI have these in my garden too but its still small. Love to cook masak lemak with keledek or labu kuning!
ReplyDeleteI am not fond of this veggie when I was small, my mom usually buy a lot of these everytime we balik her kampung and masak with ikanbilis and eggs. I am starting to like it though. Perhaps if it is grown organically I might completely fall in lova with it ;-).
ReplyDeleteYes, I love this veggie in soups! Very smooth and tasty. Your plant seems very healthy and nice.
ReplyDeleteMalar, how do the flowers and fruits look like? Would appreciate if you can show some pics later on when they flower and fruit...
ReplyDeleteOne: Have seeds? I never seen it before! Let me go to your blog then!
ReplyDeleteAutumn Belle
kitchen flavour
It's good in soup with egg too! Yummy!
p3chandan: masak lemak? never try before! I should try perhaps!
MKZ: You should grow it! the taste is so good and with your green thumb for sure it will taste extra sweet!
Lrong: It has a beautiful flowers actually but we seldom keep until that stage. Let me post if i see any!
Hi Malar, I love pucuk manis cooked in soup with ikan bilis and fish balls. It lives up to its name as the soup tends to have sweet flavour. It is used a lot in 'pan meen'.
ReplyDelete