Monday, May 23, 2011

Mango Tree


I remember when i first planted this tree. It was so small with 10 - 12 leaves and stay as it is for about 1 year! I thought it's not going to grow anymore. The growth have stunt since my soil is not so good. As for last option before discarding the tree, i chop off one of the branch. I put a lot of fertilizer and mulch every week. 

After 2-3 months it started putting up a lot of leaves. Now it's growing so lushly. I think for a year it was strengthening the root. It took so long to adapt but now it's worth all the effort! I hope it will bear some fruits! Yummy!


4 comments:

  1. It needs a little haircut to make it grow lush I see. Hope you will get many fruits from this mango tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Longan tree which is slightly bigger than this.

    I beg the tree to bear some fruits day after day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mangoes will definitely remain as one of my favorite fruits...

    ReplyDelete
  4. MKZ: The haircut really works!

    rainfield61: hope the tree bear fruits soon for you!

    Lrong: it's my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete