Thursday, May 5, 2011

Carrot

I never plant Carrot before and i use to think it's cool climate plants until i find this garden blogging world! I think carrot is quiet demanding actually. May be for me. Out of 10 seeds, only 2 germinated and i place them in plastic container since i don't have any pot available at the moment. How to know if carrot is ready for harvest? How long it takes?

5 comments:

  1. Tell me when you get the answer. I am looking at my watermelon and wondering when to harvest. The last one I harvested was not sweet. I wonder if it wasn't ripe enough yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your carrot seems to be growing ok, I want to try too! Must ask Diana, cos she got lots of experience in growing carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one looks alright for a decent harvest!... Wait a little longer..., it turn hardy a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your carrot growing nicely.It will much depend on the carrot variety and environment. But you might have to wait a bit longer. Usually carrot takes about 16weeks to grow decent root. I usually play jentik-jentik semut with my carrots just to test whether they are roots or not. If you tarik a bit it is light than you have to wait. Our recent carrot harvest which still look like a baby was sowed end of December.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you like the leaves? I love the smell! - I didnt get any carrot from my previous harvest, only leaves, AhhHHHHh~~~

    ReplyDelete