Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Euphorbia - propagation

I propagated 2 Euphorbia cuttings 2 weeks back. It was overgrown and bending down due to heavy rain. I never done any before so i started with 2 cuttings.


It's very easy procedure :

1) Cut the tips from mother plant .Be careful about the milky sap.
2) Let it stay on a paper or empty pot for 3-4 hours or 1 day until the milky sap dry out.
3) The cutting is ready to be planted


Few days after planting, it look so unhappy but bounce back after about a week.  I'm planning to propagate few more of the overgrown branches and plant it at a place where my Heliconia was last time. I don't think snake will like this pricky spot anymore ! 

4 comments:

  1. So you found a beautiful solution for snakes. :)

    If you like ducks, I also posted some in my other blog. http://tropicalnaturephotos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cuttings look great and obviously are going to do well and if it helps with the snakes that will be wonderful.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good deterrent to garden pests. But does the thorns prick you when you are gardening?

    ReplyDelete