Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Butterfly.... caterpillar....Pest?

Did i add some kind of signboard that my garden is caterpillar farm? Gulp!


I always see many caterpillars in my garden. From big green type to hairy one! Those below are new in my garden....sigh.....


My powder puff plant have become bald. From my kitchen while cooking, i always wonder what happen. Since it was raining most of the time, i seldom go out to check but last Sunday i went to inspect the reason! The poor plant was home for many strange looking caterpillars!

I trim down my poor powder puff ( in hope it will bounce back!) . The caterpillars which i collected was thrown to not so nearby bushes! It might die for the lack of food but atleast not on my hand.......





10 comments:

  1. Last time I also facing the same problem. Then, i sprayed with the pesticide, no more caterpillar in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malar, you have beautiful flowers and healthy veggies in your garden, thats why la those lovely butterflies laid their eggs! Now you have their babies..caterpillars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a biological problem, but now become a blogger's story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are a BIG problem. I planted many insect repellant plant randomly around the garden like phyrethrum or allium families to reduce them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the same problem i'm having right now! Make me have to spray soap water and pesticide like every 2-3 days! -- i don't really like all these chemicals on my plants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me it depends on what type of caterpillar... if it looks like a butterfly's, then I save it... otherwise, it becomes fish food for my goldfish in the pond...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My lemon tree can withstand all the caterpillars that stay on it. But some flowering plants look horrendous and yes the damage is done repeatedly no matter how we trim, ya?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh Malar I hope the shrub would take too long to grow stems and leaves back... and more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shows that your garden is wildlife friendly!

    ReplyDelete