Now it has bloom so beautifully! This species of ornamental shrub can really tell you the pH of the soil by their flower colours! The acidic soil produce blue flowers and neutral soil will produce cream petals. Pink or purple Flowers are product of alkaline soil !
Mine was cream in colour but changed to blue colour at the end!
This plant can be propagated by stem cuttings. It prefer filtered sun and a lot of watering!
Such a beautiful and big bloom Malar! Blue is really beautiful. Love how it changed from white to blue. Also I like the thick and deep green leaves of your hydrangea. Nice addition :-D
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and your family!
You traveled a lot to S.Buloh recently hehe. Your Hydrangea is beautiful. I wonder how long is the life span? And is it easy to propagate from steam cutting?
ReplyDeleteI have plant this Hydrangea, but it cannot flower in my garden. Auntie in my kampung call this plant as 'pokok 3 bulan' because the flower can stand for almost 3 month. Your plant looks so healthy., but mine almost die ;-(
ReplyDeleteLovely Hydrangea Malar, from cream to blue! Im fascinated by this plant but I dare not buy one, since I have not been successful, only last 1 or 2 mths then it died..Today I just received your balsam seeds and immediately sow the month old ones first. Thank you Malar for the seeds!
ReplyDeleteStephanie: I saw this plant in your post and decided to buy!
ReplyDeleteMilka: Only 1 trip with many plants! hahahhaa...I'm not sure if it's easy! Just try!
Orchid: It require very less sun and a lot of water but not so much until rotting the root! That's what the nursery guy told me!
p3chandan: Good to hear that the seeds reach you! Hope it will germinate and flower for you!
Hi Malar, You have a lovely pot of hydrangea. Love the colour. It's the same one that my MIL has in her garden.
ReplyDeleteHi Malar,
ReplyDeleteI love hydrangeas, and yours is doing so well. They are the imported ones, not our local variety, I think.
If you have any seeds to be given away for any kind of plant, you could post that message on MGBC on my blog. Just put it in the comment box and write the heading GIVEAWAYS. Those interested can click on your name and be directed to your website to contact you directly.
I have some kacang botor/four-angled beans to giveaway.
Rosie
Malar, I find mine is of different variety. I have seen your type selling at nurseries. So tempted to get them but due to limited space, I decided to other plants. So it will be insteresting to see how this plant fair in your garden ;-)
ReplyDelete