Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yellow and Green Croton


I think this is from Croton family too. May be another Picasso's paint brush! Very slow growing plant. It's been in my garden for 2-3 months but still not much of progress.

The leaves are yellow and green in colour! As other Croton plant this plant need a lot of watering and full sun to grow well!



Croton really add colour to the garden. It can be propagated through stem cuttings but i haven't try. The sap from this plant is poisonous. Be careful if you wish to trim / propagate this plant!

7 comments:

  1. Croton have lots of lovely colour combinations, they really look outstanding if planted as hedges. Just to let you know Malar, your month old balsam seeds have germinated nicely, cant wait to see their blooms in my garden! I have propagated the mulberry stems for you, I hope they grow well and will let you know when they are ready for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe growing slowly, but surely it looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Croton is forever colourful... yours is beautiful with small and long leaves. Kakdah has them in two pots... the bigger leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Croton. Last time I also planted this plant, your plant looks so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine was removed when i knew this plant is poisonous. I have a very active kid moving around the house so i can't keep this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. p3chandan: Good to hear that the seeds have germinated. I was a bit worried since it was always raining that time! So i was wandering if it was dried properly!

    fer
    Orchid de dangau
    Autumn Belle

    Croton really have vibrant colors!

    Bangchik: My parents have the bigger leave version! They are really colourful!

    milka: it's ok. You have very colourful garden!

    ReplyDelete