Friday, January 14, 2011

Roselle

A single Roselle is making way in my garden. The little seedling was given to me by my neighbour who went to MAHA2010.

I can imagine the Roselle jam but i know with only one plant i can't get many berries...... However i shall save some seeds for more planting!

13 comments:

  1. I always heard of this plant from Bangchik but have never had a chance to get one to plant at home.
    I have some veggie seeds given from a friend from China, not sure the names and haven't sowed any of them yet. Would you like to have some? Can reach me at sching_su@hotmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a healthy looking roselle. Mine died on me. Will grow again when I get the chance to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks ok to me. Roselle needs some space to branch out unless you do pruning to keep it in line. Best of luck to you. Our 7 roselle are now teasing us with little fruits.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking roselle. I have remove my roselle plant and discard! It has been growing too big and no flowers at all. The pot has lots of powdery substance growing, no point keeping the plant as the roots are full of this powdery substance! Hope yours grow well and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malar, Did you just joined Blotanical?

    ReplyDelete
  6. With one plant you think about roselle jam, you are going to think of getting rich with more plants.

    **Smile**

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so healthy Malar. I never grown rosselle before looking forward to see the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last roselle I planted died months ago, today I found 2 at a new nursery I visited. Yours already growing so well and soon there will be pretty pink blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Malar,
    Here's wishing you and your family HAPPY PONGAL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Malar,
    You really must try making the jam...I add some vanilla essence to mine after cooking the petals and blending them. The jam smells so inviting after that.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to try growing this plant in Japan sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've had this - looking forward to seeing the fruits!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Milka: It's so kind of you to offer me some seeds! Let me mail you then!

    One: Just joined 1-2 months ago....never really go into the web. You found my blog there?

    Bangchik: My interest on Rosella grows because of your garden Rosella!

    Kitchen Flavour: Oh dear! Pest is really a big problem. Thanks for your wishes!

    Rainfield: Every success start with single step! hahahhaa...

    p3chandan
    Lrong
    Hope to see your Rosella soon!

    Garden_Haven: I will try to plant more and make jam! Add Vanilla? Definately good smell!

    Wendy: You should try!

    ReplyDelete