Wednesday, January 19, 2011

kacang Panjang @ long beans


Kacang Panjang or long beans have a sad ending in my garden twice. The vines grow so huge with big leaves but not even a single long beans! They grow so lush and grean. Very healthy looking plant indeed!

May be i over fertilize them. My neighbour told may be this is "pokok jantan" ...... This time i'm growing them at different place. Together with the Mint . Let's see if they bear me some beans....!

many art work by catterpillars and grasshoppers!


16 comments:

  1. Hi Malar

    Very interesting comment abt the pokok susu kambing and that your family have consumed it before. How do you tell the difference between the medicinal and the weed?

    cina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the medicinal plant is the one with red stems and grow quite tall.

    cina

    ReplyDelete
  3. On closer inspection, it is actually the leaves and the yellow flower nodes that is the difference between the medicinal and weed.

    cina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pokok Jantan? Useless males. (Just kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it needs the full sun Malar. Or maybe its a male plant as you said..Hope mine will be better, its growing nicely only has 4 leaves now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know pokok jantan or betina, also don't know which can bear fruits. Maybe a trim is good for him?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck for your new plant. I hope you will be able to harvest plenty of kacang panjang.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Might be the fertilizers,,, how about experimenting with no or very little fertilizer this time? My long beans did well and all I did was to fertilize them with a little cowdung...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck. Hope you solve it soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pokok jantan, huh!!!

    It is the same if we have a male papaya tree.

    Useless male...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope it will flower and fruit for you this time.Try giving it some bone meal. The phosphorous in it might make it flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cina_fong: My mother use to tell me there is weed and real herb but I don't really know how to differenciate both....

    One
    rainfield61

    Useless male? hahahhaa... I think there might be any use of male plants....

    p3chandan: i don't think it's the sun since it was planted at area where there are hot sun.....

    Milka: I already uprooted both the vines. the one in the photo are new one at new place!

    Stephanie
    fer

    Thanks! I hope so...

    Lotusleaf: Bone meal? how to prepare it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are there really male plant for the bean family?
    I doubt so. Even then, if they are males - they will surely require to flower.
    So, do wait patiently and and see when they flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Malar, I don't think beans has male or females. I agree with Lrong try not to overfertilised them. Try no ferteliser or just a little. Beans are legumes they don't like to grow at very fertilise soil. What is great growing beans is that it fix nitrogen back to the soil for next plant to grow. Why not experimenting one which is given food which is none at all and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. James
    MKZ
    I have waited for 6-7months and nothing happen....SO i uprooted both of the vines. This is the new one. Hope to see some flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with it - I love long beans.

    ReplyDelete