Friday, November 25, 2011

Curry leaves

Curry leave plants or "karuapolei" in tamil seems to be growing well. But the bottom leaves have many black marks or dots. It seems like some kind of attack. Have you face this kind of problem before? How shall we overcome this problem?



11 comments:

  1. I had the problem before. I think its a fungal attack and its coming from the roots.
    Probably coz its of the raining season and the water log soil causes it.

    One way I handle it is trim off all the affect leaves - the new shoots normally comes clean.
    Put a good organic fertiliser for the plant to combat itself to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love curry leaves, I buy them in the indian shop. Wish I could grow them in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Malar..lebatnya daun pokok kari ni....mine baru nak hidup dlm pasu..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. regarding the black spots, i hope this could help..:)

    http://en.allexperts.com/q/House-Plants-721/2008/3/BLACK-SPOTS.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah lebatnya daun kari. Wish I have one growing here too. Tried growing them for seeds, did not work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might like mentioned be a fungal attack.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are looking for a doctor.

    But I am not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's bright and nice for two days now. I hope it is the same for your area also. And this curry leaf plant will recover quicker ;-) Enjoy your garden and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Malar, I would usually prune off the branch and let it grow again. I actually just did "botak" my curry leaf plant three days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  10. James
    hang kebon
    kitchen flavour
    sunray
    : Thanks for your advice! ;)

    B-a-g: It's very aromatic leaves and a must in indian curry!

    rainfield: hahhahaa...

    stephanie: I hope the rain a little!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kitchen flavours is right. The curry leaf plant is prone to such attack. Pruning off the diseased parts does help. After a few rounds of pruning mine, it actually grow back quite fast and the leaves are much healthier now.

    ReplyDelete