Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's all new area ....again....!

I have told about the Heliconia which i chop down due to it's invasive character and about the place which became ideal place for snake. Once all the Heliconia goes......the area become a bare area. After sometimes Torenia, Zinnia and Periwinkles started to self seeds that area. I throw some sunflower seeds which i thought not healthy but one of it emerge!




I planted 2 of my Euphorbia Milii cuttings and shifted my potted Thuja Platcycladus to the ground. There are still a lot of space available and the weeds are growing happily. I'm planning to put more Euphorbia Milii cuttings to make this place very un-inviting to poisonous reptile but I haven't start any..... I'm having to much to handle at the garden now since i have neglected them so long.....sigh...!




Someone told me that Heliconia is a plant which is very hard to get rid off and I think it's very true! Can you see the  baby Heliconia plant at the end corner?!

5 comments:

  1. You always seem to have so many varieties of flowers. Great job. It is important that the 2 dogs get along very well. Otherwise you many have a headache. Wishing you all the best. Your garden may no longer look the same. You ready for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for your plants. I can see that they are happily growing in your garden :-D That sunflower is amazing! With regards to Euphorbia milii, those with smaller leaves have more thorns. Hope you can find lots of them to add to that patch. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One: I will take 2 dogs which are siblings. I'm a bit worried about the dogs and the garden but let see how......I have no choice actually......

    Stephanie: Thanks Step!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least poisonous snakes are one thing that we don't have to worry about in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heliconias are lovely plants but you are quite right about the snakes...

    ReplyDelete