Tuesday, December 13, 2011

sun flower

I always save the sunflower seeds for future planting. Once you have sunflower in your house, you will have forever passion for them! They are just so vibrant in colour and cheerful!



This sunflower was from the seed which i throw as i assume it's not healthy. A single seeds germinated. The height was up to my shoulder. May be almost 5 feet , big stem and the sunflower was so huge! I have grown sunflower before. Took a good care of them but i never been rewarded with so huge flower like this! I spent most of my yesterday evening gazing at this huge bloom!  

so huge and beautiful!

7 comments:

  1. What a beauty! I have never been successful with sunflowers- I don't know why :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You caught a beautiful photo of this one.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I saw the flower, I thought" sunflower? now?"
    Where is this flowering ?.
    Then I saw Malar from Malaysia. That explains.:-)
    I am sure apart from this lovely flower , you must be having a whole lot of lovely plants. the climate appears to be suitable for growing plants, all year around.
    Enjoy , and thanks for sharing it with readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunflowers on our plot that come from seed dropped on the ground always seem stronger than the ones from seeds I sow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Love the size also - big and bold :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cheerful sunny smile there. Although I heard it rain cat and dog there.

    ReplyDelete