Monday, December 19, 2011

vegetable seedlings

The vegetable beds have been empty for almost 2 months. The only vegetable growing now in my garden are winged beans and Pak Choy. Grass seems to be happily covering the bed. The monsoon weather really make the soil so wet.


Seeds have been sown and the little seedlings are growing happily in the small pots. but i was a bit hesitant to transplant them due to so wet weather.

Last weekend I manage to transplant all of them with my finger crossed! The pots won't cater them long enough but i hope the rain will not make their root rot. I have mix the soil since my garden soil is clay type.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure they'll all be fine. They look nice and lively in the photo.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malar...good luck & all the best with those seedlings..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the plants. The Bhendi leaves are getting big. I understand, the rain can be spoilsport. But in Hyderabad, the plants stand up to rain and relish it well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you will be having many bendi for your curry early next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mena. The wet weather is really bad for my vegetables too!

    ReplyDelete