Friday, February 3, 2012

winged beans -ageing process

After 2 months of full beans production, winged beans now facing the ageing process. The leaves have turn yellow and some kind of infection on the leaves. The flowers have reduce so much and very few pods available. Soon the place will be cleared for new vegetables. I haven't decide what to be planted at that area but some vegetables for sure.


I read somewhere that the young leaves and the root is edible. Anyone have tasted them?


 
a month ago - so healthy

8 comments:

  1. I know absolutely nothing about winged beans I'm afraid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You have been awarded the Liebster Blog Award. Liebster is German for ‘favorite’. The Liebster Award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers. I’m thrilled to pass on this award to you. In accepting this award, you must pass it on to 5 blogs with less than 200 followers. Follow this link to learn more about your award: http://onslowandmissb.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves look like blisters!... I haven't seen such thing with winged bean I had grown before. But I have seen something similar with jambu air leaves....

    the roots of winged beans had fertilised soil around it, and once pulled out, new plants will grow healthily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious on how do you like to enjoy wing bean. To be honest I always avoided eating them. I hope I can start to like them though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Malar, I thought I posted a message to you on Friday, but it seems to have vanished. I wanted to tell you that you have been awarded the Liebster Blog Award. Liebster is German for ‘favorite’. The Liebster Award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers. I’m thrilled to pass on this award to you. In accepting this award, you must pass it on to 5 blogs with less than 200 followers. Follow this link to learn more about your award: http://onslowandmissb.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had a chance to try these beans yet. They're such an architectural beauty though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue: Thanks for your visit! ;)

    Bangcik: It's totally new to mee. All of sudden the leaves are changing....

    MKZ: Usually I saute them with garlic and chili paste. It's not so good in taste but I enjoy it since it's home grown! ;)

    Marisa: Thanks! I shall visit the link then! ;)

    Wendy: I do agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the major causes of the declining in the winged beans maybe due to lack of certain nutrients. The leaves seem to show symptoms lack of micronutrients. The plant should be ok around 2-3 years before its production of fruit decline. It's a perennial after all.

    ReplyDelete