Monday, July 30, 2012

The Luteola

2 years ago I bought 2 pots of luteola. It was very small plant, may be just about 22cm height. Now Luteola have grown big.

The most interesting thing I like about this plant is the flowers. It has a yellow star shaped flowers with off white sepal. They look so unique.


Propagation of this plant can be done by semi wood cutting or air layering but so far I have no luck yet.



This plant require full sun. If you have space under the sun, try planting Luteola. It attack butterflies and humming birds to your garden!


So far no pest but I read somewhere that be aware of whiteflies.

3 comments:

  1. This flowering plant is interesting to watch. Whenever it is flowering, it always nice to see 3 flower components; the sharp pointed buds, the flowers almost like ixora and the part that looks like leaves....... I remembered once putting it in shady area, the leaf like parts has traces of green. Good luck with propagation, I too failed so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue: Yes it shine beautifully!

    Bangchik: You're so rite! It's really unique flower!

    ReplyDelete