Friday, May 9, 2014

Avaraikaai


Avaraikaai or Indian broad beans are putting a lot of flowers and pods! It's great to have them in garden. I harvest a lot of them nowadays and share with family members.


Their growth are similar to other beans variety.





This beans is rich with fibre and very nutritious that you can have it everyday!


7 comments:

  1. Cannot simply found in my village now. Last time, older people used to plant it in their garden's. The mature seeds also can be steamed as - kacang puting. Just put some salt and tumeric powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like my 'kara wedhus'. Here there are two varieties, white ang purple variety. I'm growing the white variety right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I've not tried or seen this legume before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking growth there and it's always nice to have something that you can share.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malar, I had the impression that before we cook these beans, we need to soak them and boil them several times to get rid of their 'toxic-ness'... no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Normala: This is new kind of dish for me!

    Endah: Is it? May be it's the same beans! ;)

    Stiletto: It's more popular between indian community

    sunray: Thank you!

    Irong: No. You can cook them just like the green beans! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything looks great! I think bean/pea flowers are so pretty aren't they?

    ReplyDelete