This is my first time to have handful of harvest from bitter gourd plant! I never have luck with them in the past. The plant die after start flowering or half way thru fruiting time.
This time around I can harvest many of them! they grow well and I can say that every week my menu shall have bitter gourd. I share with family too! That's a blessing!
This is where they are growing! Previously this bed was used for pak choy.
The bitter gourd plant has a beautiful foliage and yellow cute flowers! I must admit that I just realise it!
The tendril hold on everything to keep growing.
The stone is to big for them to tie up!
This small bitter gourd common known as peria katak. One of my friend just eat it raw. She said it's more crunchy, tasty and good for body system.
ReplyDeleteI agree the foliage is lovely
ReplyDeleteI planted four varieties of bitter gourd on my home garden. Hope the will grow so well.
ReplyDeleteI had harvested only one bitter gourd from my last plant.
ReplyDeleteNice to have so many. Your gardening year seems to be producing lots of produce for you this year.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens