Tuesday, May 6, 2014

attempt to grow pineapple



This is my 1st attempt with success to grow pineapple! So far both the pineapples are growing well in between chillies. I think they don't mind sharing the bed with chillies, kangkung and some weeds too! It's time to do weeding but the rain season is making the weeds grow so fast that I pull my white flag up!

I'm not sure how long it take to bear a fruit but it seems to take very long time to grow to this size.


5 comments:

  1. I love pineapple - now exciting to grow your own,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malar,
    Your pineapple plants are doing great. I have six pots of pineapple, I grew them in pots and they seem very happy. I have 1 Josephine, 2 Yankee, and 2 Philippine varieties and 1 more which I''ve forgotten of which variety. The plant will start to fruit about 15-18 months from the time you planted the crown. It is a long wait, but a really worthwhile wait! I still have about 8 months more to go before they produce any fruit.
    Hopefully yours will continue to grow well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew pineapple last time at my old house, the first fruit was so ripen and sweet, the second and the next belongs to the monkey's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already pull the white flag regarding the weeds too.
    They look healthy in a few months you have will have pineapple fruit to harvest.

    ReplyDelete