My chilli plants have bloom and bear some chillies for second time! Unfortunately the plant doesn't look so good anymore. White pest constantly attacking them! I'm not so sure of the pest name...White fly /mealy bug may be....
I use to wash away the pest with soap solution but they keep coming back! These might be my last harvest of hot chillies.......!
Anyway Happy New Year 2011 to all gardeners!!!!
So great you got some more chilies, I hope they survive the pests.
ReplyDeleteHappy new year!!
Love your chillies. Looks yummy! Happy New Year, Malar to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are going to harvest many chilies. What herb is growing under your chili?
ReplyDeleteYou have plenty of good looong chillies and your mint looks so lush and healthy. My chilli plants too didnt look good after 2 seasons so I pulled them and plant new ones.
ReplyDeleteYes, the white pests love chili and sometime attack tomato also..... Over in Putrajaya, we used to wash with soap too... it worked then.
ReplyDeleteAmboi~ looks yummy. I only have cili padi plants, is this bigger one hot? Do you pick them when they are still green? Or they won't turn red? ..???!!!
ReplyDeleteYou still have your chilli plant. I remember you thought that your chillies might not turn red in time since the plant was dying. That was a few months ago. It is still producing chillies. Not bad.
ReplyDeleteLooks like mealy bugs...
ReplyDeleteooh, I hope it's not your last harvest. The chillies look great. Happy New Year to you too!
ReplyDeletefer
ReplyDeleteWendy
I hope the same too!
kitchen flavour: yummy? They are hot!
MKZ: Those growing under the chillies are Pudina. As for now they seems to be very invasive!
p3chandan: Mint are so invasive atleast for the moment in my garden! Let's see if my plant can survive for another harvest.....
Bangchik: I have washed them with soap water again and hope it will grow well atleast until the chillies turn red!
Milka: Yummy? they are very hot! Usually i wait until the chillies turn red. Hope i can see the red chillies...
One: Yes it's still surviving after terrible pest attack. But now the leaves are yellowing...so i'm not sure if it was go thru another season....
Petunia: I think it's mealy bug too....