Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bitter Gourd!


Finally my grown up bitter gourd produce 2nd fruit! There are many male flowers on the vine. I wrap it with paper to protect it from monkey! Do you wonder if monkey eat bitter gourd? I don't think so but the 1st fruit was plucked by them! I think they tasted and throw it somewhere due to the bitter taste. So this time, i try to protect my single fruit! The plant is yellowing so this might be my last harvest! 



ANYWAY, Happy Tamil New Year to All Indian Garden Bloggers!


 

5 comments:

  1. Malar, I think your bitter gourd has still a long time to go. Still many green foliage right? They still look so healthy to me. Just snip off all the yellowing leaves. Mine was like that, then it bounce back. Ours were so badly burn by the sun and other problem. They are very hardy plant. So don't give up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the monkeys will be noticed if you rub some chili on the bitter gourd. Wishing you a Happy Tamil New Year - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave the bitter gourd a not beautiful shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MKZ: I'm not so sure. It's been long with me. May be 2mths..... Hope it stay longer and give me more fruits! hahahhaa...

    Autumn Belle: WOw! You wrote the wishes very accurately whitout any mistake! Chilli? hahahha...poor monkeys then....

    rainfield61: Hahhahaa...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haiyo your bitter gourd got fruits already! I haven't sown my seed yet!

    ReplyDelete