Lady's finger plants are showing sign of ageing. The leaves have gone so much smaller. The lady's finger is getting smaller too.
Last weekend i transfered new batch of them. As for lady's finger i always provide them the same bed. They share place with Balsam.
Hope the new seedlings will give lots of ladies fingers for your cooking pot. I have four seedlings at the moment. Have a lovely weekend, Malar.
ReplyDeleteOooh, ladies fingers... I love them... the plants, the flowers, the pods, the taste...
ReplyDeleteMine too Malar, but my new ones are flowering now planted in my new vegetable bed, looking forward to make fish curry with them! Im amazed the new ones are much much bigger and healthier than the ones I planted in pots, maybe Ive added Fer's banana/eggshells shake to the bed before I planted the new seedlings! Give a try to see if it works for you..
ReplyDeletekitchen flavour: Everyone have lady's finger plant at home! I think it's easy to grow them!
ReplyDeleteLrong: It's beautiful plant indeed!
p3chandan: banana/eggshell shake? WOw! I thought only human drink shake! hahahha... i should try too!
Hmm, I'm not sure what this is - looking forward to seeing what they grow in to and how you use it!
ReplyDeleteA friend suggested cutting off the main stem early, at 1 foot mark... then side branches will come out. Instead of one lady's finger, now we have three or four. The fruits tend to be longish... but they look neat on dinner table!!
ReplyDeleteI have tried cutting early, it's definitely alright!!