My anger on the monkeys was uncontrollable. It always ransack my wet kitchen that i have to put up grill! Took my bitter gourds, corns, tomatoes and now the little growing corns! Last months i called PERHILITAN guys for help! They inform me that they will try to catch the monkeys , if it's not possible they will shot. After 3 days my guard told me that the PERHILITAN man came and shot 2 monkeys...... I feel very unhappy and guilty to indirectly kill them. It's not my fault but i just feel very annoyed with them. I promise myself not to call them anymore...But yesterdays incident make me annoyed again! I think i shall call them again ! In the mean time, i might have to stop growing fruiting vegetables.......
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Oh NO!!!!
My anger on the monkeys was uncontrollable. It always ransack my wet kitchen that i have to put up grill! Took my bitter gourds, corns, tomatoes and now the little growing corns! Last months i called PERHILITAN guys for help! They inform me that they will try to catch the monkeys , if it's not possible they will shot. After 3 days my guard told me that the PERHILITAN man came and shot 2 monkeys...... I feel very unhappy and guilty to indirectly kill them. It's not my fault but i just feel very annoyed with them. I promise myself not to call them anymore...But yesterdays incident make me annoyed again! I think i shall call them again ! In the mean time, i might have to stop growing fruiting vegetables.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is much worse than what the cats did to the Little Potted Garden. Why don't those guys transfer them to the jungle? I had thought that is what they do.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely... I feel this exact way about squirrels. I hate them and I don't care how cute they are. Sorry for you :(
ReplyDeleteOh Malar! So sorry about that! I know how you must be feeling now. Wish I could give you some advice, but I'm in the same boat too, though I agree with One, yours is even more terrible! They destroyed your fruits and veggies when they are growing well and healthy, mine was destroyed even before the plants get the chance to grow! Yes, maybe if you stop growing fruits and vegetables for a couple of months, they might look for their snack somewhere else. So sorry, Malar, I'm feeling the anger and disappointment for you, and the frustration too!
ReplyDeleteOh no! I'm scared monkeys! Calling the guys to catch it is a good idea.. What if they spread diseases? :o
ReplyDeleteI feel for you bro, lo siento...My mom has an apartment at Fraser's Hill where my potted cherry tomatoes thrive. The monkeys have never torn the plants apart but they pluck the young fruits including our beautiful roses and camelia flowers...One time they set a monkey trap but that didn't seem to work. Worse yet, they rip apart the roof tiles and throw them down, several cars have been hit! Damn monkeys...
ReplyDeleteAlamak. All your effort gone just like that.. Poor Malar! I'm so sorry to hear that. I think you have no choice but to call the guys to come again. Monkeys are smart, they may stop coming after seeing their members are gone (i hope!).
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your corn and other veggies, that sucks! Our problem is with the deer. Last year, several deer jumped over my fence and ate all my broccoli and swiss chard. This year my husband is building a taller fence, we hope to keep the deer away. I hear you about pests but animals are doing what they can to survive.
ReplyDeleteMy mom had the same experience as the corn were already producing and the monkeys break them. It happened to all her vegetables as well, all already about to produce radish, eggplants and the monkey pull them. But the funny things is that they don't take the produce after they rip it off. But she notice that those monkeys did not bother her pumpkin and zucchini. I think it must be the leaves is not that nice to touch. With the rapid housing development, monkeys are losing their habitat and they are force to go deeper in the jungle. Maybe the monkeys are tryng to vent their anger and frustation. We the gardener suffer. Hope the perhilitan will do a good job rounding up these monkeys and place them where they can live happily.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your advice! I was really in anger when i wrote this post. Now i feel better! I hope i can do something to chase the monkey away!
ReplyDeleteI know how frustrating you felt when you found your healthy growing corns torn to bits Malar! So sayang for all your tender loving care and all just destroyed overnight! I hope the authorities do something to curb their menace.
ReplyDelete