Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mulberry

Mulberry plants were given to me by Shida month ago. Not much growth at the moment but i think they are trying to strenghten their roots. The soil here is clay type. I have mix some potting soil before planting them. May be Mulberry roots having hard time to penetrate the soil! The other day i saw young shot on one of the plant which i thought have died! I'm waiting for more shoots and fruits now!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Malar
    Thanks for all your nice cute comments. Mulberry is very easy to grow and they fruit constantly even if the plant is small and scrawny. If the shoots get too long just cut and stick it to the ground and it will root. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look ok to me Malar. Cinafong is right, they are quite easy to grow, no-fuss plant. Just cut them so that new branches will grow and induce it to start flowering and fruiting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. selalu cantas selepas berbuah.. insyaallah tunas baru akan tumbuh bersama buahnya sekali.. pengalaman saya, ia memang menjadi.. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plants look good. I found filling in green waste from the kitchen and garden improve clay soil better becuase you will be inviting benificial creature into the soil. I tried with potting soil but it does not help breaking up the heavy clay soil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eat mulberry everyday.

    Sweet and sour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine looked dead too after 1 week i planted but very fast they grow and fruit the next week! Do you know chinese use the leaves and stems to boil water to drink? It is good for knee pain and esp for eyesight :)

    ReplyDelete