My garden has many insects! I don't see any caterpillars for now...hopefully not in future too! I love butterflies though... I'm selfish girl!!!!
I'm waiting for weekend to take the photo of the monkey! My neighbour told that, there are group of 6 monkeys lingering around! They even ransack our kitchen if there is any opportunity! The other day the monkey bite open my plastic bottle in which I keep chili powder! Poor guy! All this while I was so patient with them.... but when they touch my tomatoes which I had hard time to grow.....I become mad!
Butterfly |
I don't have luck in snapping butterflies i guess! This time, my camera was out of battery
![]() |
| Dragonfly |
I have many of them but this brown colour look a bit unique for me!
Do you know the name of this insect? Garden friendly or pest?
This is my neighbour's cat! He was playing around while i was snapping pictures! Such a playful guy! He is mammal but i can't resist taking a snap and include it here! ;-)| meow.... |
| <><><><> >>>> |
| ladybird |





Hi Malar, If you look carefully, the bug that looks like a lady bug actually feed on leaves. The shinier, smaller lady bugs don't. I posted it here : http://onenezz.blogspot.com/2010/06/bad-bugs-bad-bugs.html
ReplyDeleteI like the dragonfly picture. Your monkey story remind me of childhood RTM education slot where the monkey who is so greedy ate chilies...jangan monyet...
ReplyDeleteOne: Thanks for your information. I realize that the bug munching the leaves little by little but since i heard ladybird is gardener's friend...i leave it..... but now I started hunting them! ;-)
ReplyDeleteMalay-kadazan girl: I remember that too! That's such a funny educational slot! The monkey used big leaf to cools it down! hahahahhaa...
I just assume all insects are friendly unless I see the leaves of my plants eaten up ha ha... I hope you will get to snap more butterflies next time. They like to be on flowers. Also, I hope the monkeys will stay away from your tomatoes he he...
ReplyDeleteAny insects in my garden are pests to me! The lady bug is really a "dangerous" pest to have in my garden. They love bitter gourd plants, they had a "party" with mine! I hope the monkeys don't spot your tomatoes!
ReplyDeleteBugs are a real problem when you have vegetables in the garden. That insect you asked about looks like the common red leafhopper or Bothrogonia ferruginea and I think they are pests. I really the monkeys will leave your tomatoes alone.
ReplyDeleteStephanie
ReplyDeleteKitchen Flavours
Autumn Belle
Organic garden always have many insects! both pest and garden friendly..... Now i know why all the vege we buy in market look so huge and nice.....so much pesticide....
I enjoy some insects in my garden especially spiders, praying mantis and bees. Butterflies, moths and dragonflies. These are the good ones.
ReplyDeleteThe ones I hate very much are the whiteflies and alphids but because they make residence with the plant - its important to deal with them sooner than the damage gets greater.
Somehow I manage to live in harmony with most of them. As for caterpillars - collect them and feed them in a box - that way, you control what they eat then they make your plant "botak"
The joy is you get them to see them coming out of the pupa and the butterflies.
James: collect caterpillar and rear them? you must be joking! i will die out of scariness looking at them...;-)
ReplyDelete