Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The red and green foliage!

Anyone knows the name of this beautiful plant? Any information on this plant will be appreciated! I know a thing for sure, it just love the sun!

The foliage are really exotic! The young shots are green and turn red after that! I just wonder why it fold the leaves all the time like praying hand!

Older leaves - red


The young leaves - green

7 comments:

  1. Hello Malar, this is a wonderful foliage! I like the way the leaves change colour :-D Looks like a garden croton to me. But I haven't seen this type before. For me, this one is really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malar, It's very attractive indeed but sorry don't know the name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting plant. I think I saw them before but sorry don't know the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Im not mistaken its called Croton or in Malay Pokok Puding.The sap is poisonous, so take care when handling it and keep away from children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear All,

    Thanks for dropping by and to let me know the name of this plant - croton/Pokok Puding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Malar, this is indeed pokok puding from the Euphorbiaceae family and Codiaeum species. I checked it out from a gardening book that I have. The foliage is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. J.C: great gardener with books! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete