This plant is known as Pedilantus from the Euphorbia family. Commonly called Zig Zag plant or Devil's backbone! Do Devil has backbone same as this? I wonder how this plant get this funny name.... ;-)
It's sun lovable plant however can be used as indoor plant. In dim light, the leaves become green.
It seems to have red flowers but rarely on home grown plant!! I have seen the flowers in my parents house when i was young but didn't realize that it's really precious!
Now i have started to appreciate plants more! I will wait for it to flower! may be 10 yrs? ;-)
This is the plant I am looking forward to have in my garden. It was very popular a long time ago. My late mom loved to plant it. It has tiny red flowers that look like a group of little red birds. Now I see it becoming popular once again around my neighbourhood.
ReplyDeleteHi Malar, Great that you post this. I have this plant but have never seen it flower. I shall take better care of it and wait for the DAY.
ReplyDeleteGreat looking plant. Never seen it before.
ReplyDeleteI am sure you will see it blooms in your garden, and probably sooner than 10 years :P
If your late mom can do, I am sure you will.. Best of luck darling!
I thought I have seen this plant flowering before. It coincides with the plant getting very old. I guess you really have to wait.... We have these in pots all over the garden at the moment, and they are not fussy at all.... ~bangchik
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the flowers Malar! Your plant looks really healthy :-D
ReplyDeleteAutumn Belle: Yes it was very popular long time ago! I seldom see in the nursery that i use to go! May be you can find it in Sg.Buluh!
ReplyDeleteOne: We shall wait together ! hahahaa...
ROUGH.ROSA: It was very popular in 80's i guess. Anyway My mother is still around and good! ;-)
Bangchik: All over the garden? wow! I guess i have to wait!
Stephanie: thanks Stephanie