Monday, August 2, 2010

Helliconia

I was wearing my sandal to work when i realize my Heliconia have been flowering! I rush in to take camera and snap these photos!
Look at the flowers! It look like claws! I have neglected this plant so long that i didn't realize their growth! I must fertilize this plant first thing in the evening when i go back!



9 comments:

  1. hi, Just dropped by from one of the Gardener Blog and found your site.
    Amazed to see you got a lovely garden with all the pretty plants.
    I had once a heliconia planted in a pot but they didn't do so well in a potbound condition. One thing though - there was sunbirds coming and taking nectar from the flowers, now they are rare as a lot of trees were cutdown for the housing development near my region.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice love those flowers...like to grow them but don't have space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beauty is in the bright and striking colour and how red fades slowly to yellow. Give it a week or two the colour will be even richer after fertilising... ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're lovely... I love the way the pink veers to orange and yellow at the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James: Thanks for dropping by! Lovely garden? hmm... may be that's because i only post the good part of the garden! hahaha....

    Malay-kadazan girl: actually not much space required! May be you can try one day!

    Bangchik & Petunia
    The flowers are beautiful. I regret for overlooking it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm strange. I posted a comment yesterday but don't see it. Anyway, just to let you know this is a very nice heliconia. Bright and huge flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have really nice shrubs Malar! I like this one very much. Thanks for posting and snappping!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One & Stephanie
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heliconia is easy to grow. The blooms are spectacular and lasts a few days. They are great as cut flowers too. Yours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete