Monday, June 6, 2011

Orange Beauty

Tecoma Capensis or Cape Honeysuckle is Ornamental shrub with clusters of tubular shape flowers. There are few range of colours from Vibrant orange to scarlet.



I have the Orange colour variety. It can grow up to 6 meters if unchecked! The leaves itself are very beautiful in glossy green colour. Propagation can be done from cutting, layering and seeds. It can be very good ground cover or trained as climbing vine at porch or arbors but make sure there are enough sun light for the plant to produce blooms!

3 comments:

  1. I like orange flowers. And I agree that tecomaria is a beauty. Butteflies will definitely like its bright flowers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything about this plant is beautiful.I was just looking at this plant this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this flower. Mine attracts a lot of mealy bugs if I do not cut off the spent flowers soon enough. They are now struggling for survival now but I'm keeping it to keep the mealy bugs away from my roses.

    ReplyDelete