Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bayam

Bayam or spinach is very nutritious vegetables to have in the backyard! They self seeds easily too. I have find hard time with red spinach but green seems to be popping up everywhere in my garden. Once you planted them and let them to bolt, you will have them everywhere later on.


My spinach have started to bolt including the red variety which is still small. Let see if i can see baby seedling of red spinach anywhere in the vegetables patch after this!


As usual, grasshoppers seems to like the leaves very much. At this moment i let them have a feast with my bayam as the leaves are not so tender to eat anymore.

4 comments:

  1. I love the red variety of 'Bayam'...really delicious veggie, just made 'sayur air' with prawn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grasshoppers, and caterpillars love organic food too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny that you talked about grasshopper and spinach. So did I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it lovely to have edibles popping everywhere in the garden when your so busy to sow anything :).

    ReplyDelete