I have found another vegetable which is hard for me to grow! It's red spinach! I have tried sowing their seeds twice. 100% germination but somehow after that they don't grow anymore. The plant just die. I tried transplanting them individually to the ground but i face the same problem. I don't have any green thumb with them.... Out of 20 seeds only 2 have grow up so far....sigh....
This one is so precious. I hope it will grow nicely from now. In any case, this will make a better gardener ;-)
ReplyDeleteBetter than mine. I throw hundreds of parsley seeds but non survive.
ReplyDeletePrecious precious vege.. Growing vegetables made me appreciate the price for which I can buy them in the market a lot more! :)
ReplyDeleteSame like me Milka, coriander, parsley, sunflowers...none germinated! But some of my spinach I grew by their stems and they are thriving well. Yours look fat and healthy Malar, maybe next time just cut their stems and try to grow them, which is much faster than by seeds.
ReplyDeleteTransplant shock? Try growing them in different parts of your garden so you know which spot is the best. Bayam grow well in pots as they don't have deep roots. The big bayam flower in my photos are growing in less than 15cm depth of soil.
ReplyDeleteI had the same problem too Malar. With amaranth, there seem to be a critical spot in their growth stage that they have to pass. My red amaranth has went all the way to bolting. They seem to love water so keep them well watered. Hope yours will grow well from now on.
ReplyDeleteStephanie:Really precious! I hope they will grow well!
ReplyDeleteMilka: I don't have luck with parsely and coriandor too! None germinated!
OKC: With vegetable price rising,We defiantely will appreciate our garden harvest! hahahhaa...
p3chandan: Stem cutting? Totally new information to me! Thanks for sharing!
MKZ: I have tried planting them in few places but no luck so far. But my green bayam is doing well! very strange right?
mahfudz mn: Really? May be red colour is more demanding. My bayam hijau can strive well!