After almost 10months, it's flowering again. Not so many flower bud though....... When i took this pictures, there were about 6-7 caterpillars on it. Can you identify the caterpillars? it's black with yellow line!
"The juice, when rubbed on insect bites, will relieve the itching and reduce the irritation. It's also a natural acne medicine. Orally used as cough medicine (often mixed with green tea) and has a natural anti-inflammatory. For problems with constipation the juice is warmed and diluted with water. It bleaches freckles and helps to clear up acne vulgaris and pruritus vulvae. It is taken orally as a cough remedy and antiphlogistic.In Malaysia, used as an antidote for poison.Poultice of pandanus leaves, mixed with salt and juice of citrus microcarpa, for abscesses. In Malaya, combined with pepper to help expel phlegm. Its root are used in the Philippines at childbirth"
wow..
ReplyDeletedidn't know so much about lime leaves can do so much. All I know is that the lime leaves are fragrant and may able to repel cockroaches.
My lime is always in sleep mode. Flower, never fruit and go back to sleep Zzzz. Caterpillars don't find it edible too, haha.
ReplyDeleteLimes are really good... we enjoy them very much too...
ReplyDeleteI like all citrus plants, unfortunately I don't have much luck with calamansi plants lately! No flowers, no fruits!
ReplyDeleteYour lime looks really healthy! I am happy for you also :-D
ReplyDeleteAll my 5 lime trees are blooming too. I notice that my plants become even stronger after the caterpillar attack and put on even more leaves. I love calamansi juice on raw home made sambal belacan - goes perfectly with Char Koay Teow. I love the mild fragrance of the leaves too.
ReplyDelete