Friday, July 29, 2011

Curry leaves

On my mind today!


There are many benefits of curry leaves. Some are below:

•Mix lime juice, honey or sugar crystals to the juice of curry leaf and drink it. This prevents nausea and dry vomiting.

•For Hair: Heat oil and add some curry leaves. When the curry leaves turns dark black remove the oil from heat and let it cool down. Store in a glass container. Apply this oil on your head and leave it overnight. This helps prevent premature aging of grey hair and also nourishes the hair roots. This oil also acts as a very good stimulant and helps in hair growth.

•Mix curry leaf with finely chopped ginger. Mix it with rice and take it early in the morning instead of water which will reduce dizziness, stomach disorders and constipation.

Besides curry leaves also reduce the colesterol and used in reducing sugar level in diabetic patients. Just take 8-10 fresh leaves daily first thing in the morning

 


13 comments:

  1. Wow, didn't know the benefits until now. I love the smell of curry leaf!

    Oh, Petunia eats the berries of the plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew curry leaves got so many usage as these.
    The only thing I know is that they are good for fragrance.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I like what it will do for hair. I want to age gracefully ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,Malar nicely said...yes this curry leaves have so many medicinal values...your curry leaves plant looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the moment, I am contemplating whether I should now stop using commercial shampoo. This is a great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very interesting, especially about the hair.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so many useful tips...the one that will benefit me the most will the second one..got to hide the gray hair-lah! Thanks for sharing, Malar!
    My curry leaf plant has 5 clusters of flowers now. Will post on that later. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips. I am following from now. I would appreciate you coming by and following also.
    Ohio Outdoors
    http://craigslifeoutdoors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must not be kidding about the benefit for hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to try these remedies soon. I used to think that curry leaves are used to infuse flavour and fragrance to food, not to be eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the recipes. We use curry leaves every day in our cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love curry. I didn't know all the other great health benefits. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am craving for curry left fried rice.....

    ReplyDelete