Zinnia is beautiful flowering plant from the family of Asteraceae. They love the sun very much and love rich soil. It's favoured by butterflies. Anyone who wants to attract butterflies shall plant Zinnia.
They self seeds easily and grow without much fuss! Thanks to German Botanist Johann Gottfried Zinn who
introduce this plant to us!
I have a patch where i planted Zinnia but now it's all mixed with other self seeding plants such as ruellia and Aster.
| dried seeds ready for sowing |
So colorful...and beautiful. Sadly I cannot plant this in my orchid garden. It will attract more 'ulat beluncas' ;) they will attack my orchid ;(
ReplyDeleteYour zinnias are really pretty! They really brightens up any garden!
ReplyDeleteZinnias are lovely and very colorful.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
I love zinnias. I like to plant them together with my veggies. It makes the veggie patch more attractive. Bright beautiful colours in your garden!
ReplyDeleteI, too, just love Zinnias. They have been a favorite since childhood and a flower that I have loved to paint and put in still life paintings, as well as arrange in vaces for the house. They are so colorful and long lasting. Enjoy yours!
ReplyDelete