Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mulberries!


I had a sweet surprise yesterday when i went back home! It's been a while since i check the Mulberry plants. The last went i saw they were still small and mealy bug have their colony on them! Somehow once i chase away the pest, they start to bounce back. I never expect them to produce fruits!


 Out of 4 plants, 3 have started to produce fruits! The another one is still recuperating from the terrible pest attack! I hope it can recover! It's really suprising gift for me as it's very small plant!


4 comments:

  1. Maybe the bug can smell the fruit in advance?;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can try to grow them more from (old) stem cuttings. I have 5 now in the yard. They also fruit more after a good trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your fruiting mulberries. Yay! Now we can go round and 'round the mulberry bush so early in the morning'.....

    ReplyDelete