Monday, September 26, 2011

Bid bye....

I have big area where Heliconia grow wildly. They have conquered the whole space and become like small jungle. It's very near to my car porch. A nice natural shaded place for many plants but unfortunately, It has become a favorite place for snakes. I saw long black colour snake in this "small jungle" last week. I nearly step onto the snake as i was not wearing my lens/ glasses.....Phew.....That's it....I have decided to remove the whole plant as it's so inviting place for cold blooded animals.....!



half way clearing up....

A sad ending for Heliconia in my Garden.....

7 comments:

  1. I don't blame you. I don't want snakes around either.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gone through this. It's not easy to get rid of these plants.

    Take a break, Have a DOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame - it's such a beautiful plant. But given the choice between a beautiful plant and no snakes, I'll go for the latter option everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that would be scary to run into a snake! I love gardening at night b/c I don't have to see all the horrid bugs that I don't like. I can't imagine if I had to watch for snakes though! Too bad about the heliconia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is cool to have your own little jungle, but too bad about the snakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. sunray
    OKC
    : It's very scary experience actually!

    One: Really? I have dig out the whole things. Hope it doesn't grow wild atleast until i get a dog!

    Suburban: I agree with you! ;)

    Wendy: Gardening at night? I better not do that!!

    fer: It's scary!

    ReplyDelete