Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sugarcane - the progress

Many who follow my blog know that i do blog about my sugarcane once in a while. Today i just would like to share the latest pictures.


The juicy stem!

side by side with the starfruit tree

10 comments:

  1. Malar - Looks like your sugarcane is doing well. It seems happy next to the star fruit tree. Have you extracted any sugar juice from it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one too. Sometimes I boil drink with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugarcane is certainly something we couldn't grow over here in the UK. How do you harvest and prepare it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so tall already! Time to harvest soon? I like drinking its sweet juice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you can grow it. Like someone else asked, it would be interesting to see when you harvest how you use it.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  6. This grows along the Texas coast, but I've never thought to grow it here. I can remember as a little girl my dad would cut some off so I could chew it. Thanks for the memories! Enjoyed seeing your sugarcane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAG: I haven't get to tast eone yet. It's just about 6-7 mths old. I can't wait to taste it!;)

    One: Boil? how to make a boil sugarcane drinks? Very interesting!

    Jules
    Sunray

    Mostly we just chew the juicy stem. Manual extraction! hahhaha.... f many stem, we can sent to any sugarcane vendor that have machine to extract the juice for yes!

    Stephanie: It's still not so big! I can't wait actually! ;)

    Holley: I have the same memories too! That's the main reason for me to plant the stem cutting!

    rainfiled: Very sweet indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Malar can you share you knowledge on how to propagate them. I am not really sure whether I planted them properly. Wah cepatnya besar from your previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sugar cane for sweet memories. It also signifies a sweet life and when it grows tall, may you reach new heights and ranking in your careeer! Speaking about sugar cane eating, I don't think my set of teeth is strong enough for the chomping and chewing and I hate it when the residue get between the gums. Better drink from juice :>)

    ReplyDelete