It's been quite sometime since i check my star fruit tree. It has definitely grow taller and stronger. I know i have to wait few more years for the fruits but for now i shall enjoy the tree growth. So lush and green!
I hope to have a edible garden where my kids and the grand kids can just walk around to pluck the fruits to eat. That's what i imagine when i planted few fruit trees in my garden. It reminds me of my hometown and my childhood memories!
Star fruits will be really nice. Was just looking down your blog posts and you have some really interesting plants. I also enjoyed reading about your roselle jam - homemade jam and homemade food in general is so so much better than any store bought foods. All the best, Kelli.
ReplyDeleteI like star fruit! Its sour taste made the fruit special. And it is best eaten icy cold straight froom the fridge :-D
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to be growing your own Star Fruit. I haven't had any for many years now. They turn up in our supermarkets here every now and then, but they're not quite as tasty as home grown.
ReplyDeleteMay your wish come true, Malar.
ReplyDeleteVery nice and a wonderful idea.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
Oh, I like star fruit, but never thought about how it was grown. What a wonderful idea of your children being able to pick them off the tree. An edible garden sounds fantastic!
ReplyDelete°º✿
ReplyDeleteº° ✿✿♥ ° ·.
Passei para uma visitinha.
Gostei muito de suas fotografias!!!
Tenho um pé de carambola no meu quintal, já está frutificando a muitos anos... foi meu pai quem plantou.
Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
Brasil.°º✿
º° ✿✿♥ ° ·.
Malar, you will be enjoying star fruit before you know it! I like to use them chopped in muffins and then put a "star" slice on top before I bake them and they are so pretty as well as delicious! Have a nice weekend. Egretta
ReplyDeleteTo have our fruit trees in the garden... that's the idea!
ReplyDeleteWow.. walk around picking fruits to eat is amazing... :)
ReplyDeleteYour children and grandkids is so lucky! Hope it will bear for many years to come and you have many splendid memories.
ReplyDeleteWe have the same dreams, Malar! :)
ReplyDeleteI need a BIG garden!!!
Hope your star fruit will give lots of juicy fruits!
yum! I love starfruit!
ReplyDeleteKelli: Well said. Homemade and homegrown are the best!
ReplyDeleteStephanie: Straight from fridge? That's new to me!
Bernie: I seldom see them too. It's just a new venture in gardening for me!hahaha...
One: Thanks!
Sunray: Thanks !
Holly garden: It's just my idea of having homegrown fruits!
Magia: Thanks for dropping by. BTW, i don't understand the language.
Egretta: Starfruit muffin? sound yummy to me!
Lrong
OKC:
Yes it's wonderful idea!
MKZ: Hopefully!
Kitchen flavous: and.... we have same experince with different pest!
design dork: Thanks for dropping by!