Henna is a tall shrub used to dye skin, fingers, nails, leathers and wools. It's known as Lawsonia inermis or mignonette tree.
I planted branch of this plant after grinding the leaves for my hair! To colour and hide my grey hair ! hahahaa.... I never seen this plant at where i live now so i took the branches from my hometown. So i decided to plant the branches and see if they grow.
Fortunately they grow well.
Some of the benefit of henna that i found:
1) For skin dyeing, a paste of ground henna (either prepared from a dried powder or from fresh ground leaves) is placed in contact with the skin from a few hours to overnight. Henna stains can last a few days to a month depending on the quality of the paste, individual skin type, and how long the paste is allowed to stay on the skin.
2) Henna also acts as an anti-fungal and a preservative for leather and cloth.
3)Henna flowers have been used to create perfume since ancient times.
4)Henna repels some insect pests and mildew.
I planted branch of this plant after grinding the leaves for my hair! To colour and hide my grey hair ! hahahaa.... I never seen this plant at where i live now so i took the branches from my hometown. So i decided to plant the branches and see if they grow.
Fortunately they grow well.
Some of the benefit of henna that i found:
1) For skin dyeing, a paste of ground henna (either prepared from a dried powder or from fresh ground leaves) is placed in contact with the skin from a few hours to overnight. Henna stains can last a few days to a month depending on the quality of the paste, individual skin type, and how long the paste is allowed to stay on the skin.
2) Henna also acts as an anti-fungal and a preservative for leather and cloth.
3)Henna flowers have been used to create perfume since ancient times.
4)Henna repels some insect pests and mildew.
I'm so glad it rooted for you an it looks like it's doing really well so far.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
I think I need to grow this plant for my hair too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing such a useful plant. Hope the plant will bloom some flowers soon.
ReplyDeleteHenna is a useful plant to have.
ReplyDelete